Admission to the Library
Library access can be provided to any individual that has a need to use the collections held by the Centro Pro Unione as part of academic, professional, or private research.
Terms of Access
Library access is free.
Users are required, at admission, to complete a registration form.
Registration is valid until the end of the academic year.
To access the library, users must sign the attendance register (once a day).
Outdoor coats and jackets must not be taken into the Reading Rooms.
Bags, backpacks, and personal items must be placed in the lockers at the entrance.
If required, laptop computers may be taken into the Reading Rooms.
Readers who need to take their own books into the Reading Rooms must show them to the staff at the entrance.
The Library is not liable for the loss of, or damage to, personal property or equipment stored in the lockers or taken into the Reading Rooms, no matter how this was caused.
Rules of Conduct
The Library is an environment in which both staff and clients must be able to work without disturbance. Utmost care must be taken of all material in the Library’s collections.
Please observe these guidelines:
• Consider other readers and behave in a way that does not disturb them. If it is necessary to talk, please do so quietly.
• Mobile phones must either be turned off or on silent mode.
• All other equipment such as laptop computers, etc. must be on silent and headphones used so as not to disturb other clients.
• Smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed in the Library.
• Collection items must not be removed from the Reading Rooms.
• Putting back books on shelves is not permitted. Please leave the books you don’t need on the tables; the staff will take care of them.
• Writing in, marking and damaging collection material is not permitted in any form.
• Portable storage devices must not be connected to the Library’s computers and photocopier.
• Library’s computers may not be used for personal purpose, but only to search the Library’s catalogue.
Open from Monday to Friday
October to June (9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)
July and September (9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)
August (Summer break)
The library will be closed from Christmas to Epiphany, from Holy Thursday to Easter Monday, June 29 and Italian national holidays.